Via the Yahoo! SF publishing group:
San Francisco-based independent book publisher with a well-established reputation for providing high-quality, illustrated titles is looking for a freelance editorial assistant to assist executive editor of children’s and lifestyle books with administrative, research, and editing tasks. The work is commissioned on a part-time, freelance basis for the duration of specific projects. This is a great opportunity to learn about firsthand book publishing.
Duties may include:
• Fact-checking information and coordinating corrections
• Proofreading manuscripts, layouts, and proofs
• Entering and checking corrections in InDesign files
• Coordinating with editorial, design, and production staff
• Writing copy where needed
• College degree
• Editing experience
• Available to work onsite, when necessary, in San Francisco office located in Jackson Square.
• Interest in book publishing, parenting, lifestyle topics, and family reference.
• Strong proofing and writing skills, as well as sound editorial judgment
• Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
• Prefer experience with InDesign
Please send your resume along with a cover letter explaining why you’re the right person for the job and where you heard about this job to email@example.com. Please put “freelance editorial assistant” in the subject line.